Digital Literacy is the ability to learn, understand, apply and formulate ideas using information and communication technology safely and successfully. Mapped to the IC3 GS5 Global Standard, CCI Learning’s world-class digital literacy courseware comes to life in Jasperactive.
Jasperactive for Digital Literacy provides success in modern society and prepares for Certiport’s IC3 Certification by:
- Employing a variety of methodologies
- Using an exercise-based approach
- Utilizing intuitive mentored assistance
- Allowing learners to assess their own understanding
Create your Jasperactive account today to get your FREE lesson for Jasperactive Digital Literacy.
Once your account has been created, you will automatically get “Your Life Online”, one of the many in-depth lessons available.
In this module, you will:
- Learn how to communicate with others using various types of mobile devices such as smartphones or voice mail.
- Explore how hardware and software can be configured to store, protect, and share data.
- Be introduced to networking and security concepts when working on a network or other public network, where you may store your files.
This module looks at what it means to be online, such as:
- Finding and then evaluating information
- What is considered copyrighted or censored/filtered material
- Navigating the Internet using web browsers to find specific information on various web sites, including social media sites.
Most importantly how to protect yourself and your online profile information.
This module introduces you to the most common features you will use in Microsoft Office applications to create, edit, select and format simple documents.
This leads into using:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
You will also be introduced to database concepts.
The mentor feature provides a fresh exercise for learners to challenge. Learners will receive levels of assist through the exercise to address teachable moments while capturing valuable information for instructors.
Jasperactive for digital literacy promotes differentiated learning where content, environment and process of learning and instruction can vary to suit different learning styles.
The Benchmark is a formative assessment of skills used to prescribe a plan specific to each student
A rich collection of resources including QuickDecks, eBooks, and Self-Test.
Ungraded exercises with on-demand learning resources.
Intuitive exercises with multiple levels of assistance.
Multiple choice, end of lesson quizzes to reinforce concepts.
Creative projects that combine multiple concepts and provide learners the opportunity to demonstrate and apply what they have learned.
End of course assessment.